So long, and thanks for all the fish.

That title is a quote from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by the way. So if you haven't read that, it probably confused you. But don't worry, because I read the book and it still confuses me.

Anyway, I'm sitting in Pittsburgh Airport getting ready to board my first of three planes (My 2-year-old nephew is just astounded that I should be so lucky to ride THREE planes in ONE day. I am too, I guess, though he's considerably more excited than I am.) and I thought I'd take advantage of the free wi-fi to say three things.

1. Thank you. Thank you so much for your prayers, your support, and your donations which have gotten me here. I am floored by God's faithfulness and by the generosity of His people. Seriously--you don't even know.

2. The adventure is beginning, and I covet your prayers as I travel, transition, and find my place in the community at Black Forest Academy. I'll have three weeks of orientation and then I'll be placed in my dorm. I'm so excited to meet the rest of the staff and my dorm team. And then of course...*drumroll please* THE STUDENTS!

3. So long, and thanks for all the fish. (In this case, just pretend that "fish" means "friendship, conversations, prank wars, phone calls, visits, prayers, skype sessions, gifts, meals, emails, and themed socks." Then that phrase will make sense.)

Talk to you from the other side!

ajr

Comments