Bubbles, bratwurst, and other adventures.

Hello friends,

Well, we have week one under our belts and we're gearing up for another one.
I can't think of a better way to describe this week than to just label it "delightful." I feel sorry for every other dorm at BFA, because I'm pretty sure Katie and I have the best girls in the school. They've been gracious as we figure out the rules, and they've been a slew of fun to talk with, walk with, dance with, and play games with. Some days I sit and wonder how I managed to get the best job in the world. 

a handful of our girls walking to school on the first day!
 There are other days when I wonder what on earth I've gotten myself into, of course.

[insert picture of the dorm fashion show that I've pledged not to post]

One time, we inserted the wrong kind of soap into the dishwasher...it produced MANY bubbles. Katie and I diligently cleaned them up. (The pictures do NOT show the bubble fight, though. Because it goes without saying that a bubble fight happened.)
The llamas weren't actually THIS creepy looking in real life...
Some days are crazy:
Yesterday we managed to pack Saturday morning cartoons (we watched Tangled while we ate brunch), a shopping trip to CarreFour, a walk through the woods (to a farm with llamas!), a dorm-wide fashion show, and a dance party into one 13-hour period.




About to get in line for delicious bratwurst! 




Sometimes there are uncomfortable conversations and sometimes there's "flying by the seat of my pants" style policy enforcement. But sometimes there are frisbee games and town-wide food festivals where you can buy really delicious bratwursts (of which I sadly have no pictures). Today there's a Cookie-Monster-shaped helium balloon floating near the ceiling in our dining room.




And there's always prayer. Pray with me for my girls! That God will grow and mature them, draw them closer to himself, and give me opportunities to serve them and to love them well.

This is going to be a great year.

Some of the ladies walking to church.

ajr



Comments

  1. Hey, I went to CarreFour yesterday. Did a little shopping for school lunch. Who would have imagined that in Germany and Albania, we could shop a the same store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Innnnsanely happy for you and the work God is doing through you. How long is your school year? Because I might come visit after I graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear how well everything is going, Amanda. I know God will use you to make a great impact on these girls!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment