And here we go!


Well, crazy as it seems, Christmas break is over and semester # 2 is starting up here at Black Forest Academy. I got back from a family and friend filled break on Friday, Katie arrived Saturday, and the last of our girls trickled in yesterday. It’s been a sweet weekend of airport runs, reunions, the swapping of Christmas break stories, and the planning of epic pranks for the months ahead.
Since we don’t have many hours of the new semester under our belts yet, I don’t have many stories to share in this update.
Instead, I’ll ask you to pray for three things as I look forward to this new year: 

1. Pray for health and recovery.
 A lot of our girls (as well as Katie and I!) are recovering from jet lag, and it’s hard for everyone to feel rested and energized for a full school day when sleep ends at 2am. Also, Dave has bronchitis and I have a cold, and we’d like nothing more than to kick these sicknesses (preferably without sharing them with the girls) and get back to 100%.

2. Pray for my relationships with my staff and with the girls.
This isn’t new. But as I look over this past semester and think of how much my love for these girls has grown since I met them in August, I get really excited about what God is going to do with the rest of this year. I’m so thankful for them and for the opportunity I have to know them and serve them, and more than anything I want to be (and I want our staff to be) an effective reflection of Jesus’ love for them.

3. Pray for our seniors.
I know. It’s too early to be thinking about graduation…but I just can’t help it. Palmgarten will be sending seven precious young women off into the world to work, study, and serve. And yeah. I’m sad already. But regardless! Please join me in praying that God will give them wisdom and peace as they make plans for next year. Pray that they will use their last semester well, and have a sweet, sweet time doing it.
Thank you, friends, for your prayer and support! I look forward to sharing more stories and adventures with you in 2013!

ajr

For the first time ever, we got a picture of the entire dorm! This is the whole crew at the Palmgarten Christmas Party.


Comments

  1. Amanda, we understand well the mixed emotions of sending off the seniors. We have to do it every year at Gateway and there is sadness mixed with knowing that God has good plans for them.

    So glad to see you (briefly) over break. Just prayed for your requests.

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment