Building Better Mousetraps

This isn't going to be a very long or even insightful post. It might not even be worth posting. But I feel like I've made a glorious discovery that will GREATLY enhance my daily schedule.
Here's how it TYPICALLY goes (on days when I'm in charge of breakfast):
Up at 6:40am.
Finished with teethbrushing, etc. by 6:45.
Get out breakfast dishes (bowls, spoons, plates, knives, cups) and food (cereal, yogurt, toast, juice) by 7am.
Eat breakfast with girls and get on with the day, etc. by 8am.

Since I usually don't get to go to bed until midnight, that's less than 7 hours of sleep per night. Which, you know, isn't awful, but I really function better with more.
But good news. I'm a GENIUS.
I set out almost all of the breakfast stuff TONIGHT. While I had to be up anyway, so it wasn't cutting into any sleep on this end.
Bowls? out. Plates, knives, forks? out. Cups? out. Cereal? Ready to go. Bread and spreadies? Out. The toast station is totally ready! Heck, people could get up and have toast at 2am if they want. (Although such behavior would not necessarily be encouraged.) Over half of my work is done!
So now I don't have to get up until 6:55. I just need to set out the yogurt, juice, and milk and BAM. Done.

Aaah, efficiency. And 15 extra minutes of sleep. Glory.

ajr

Comments

Post a Comment